Addiction and Treatment for the Drug Kratom
When it comes to healing, many people search for holistic approaches. People would never ignore the idea of trying alternative options if they think it would work out for the best. If conventional medical treatment does not work, you may want to try other options for the sake of your well-being.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is an effective form of alternative medicine for people who are seeking treatment for depression, pain, fatigue and chronic insomnia. Kratom is considered as one of the most potent medicines you can use when it comes to keeping your mind and body in sync. Kratom is derived from trees found in Southeast Asia. In addition to this, the kratom plant has been used for centuries for its proven medicinal benefits. Leaves of a kratom tree are typically harvested for year round consumption. Kratom grows in fertile, humid and wet soil with full and mild sun exposure. Kratom extract is extracted from the plant’s leaves. Kratom extract is considered as a prevailing, pain-killing drug that is commonly consumed by explorers and travelers during risky jungle tours. Kratom extract can rejuvenate tired bodies, recuperate aching muscles and replenish the spirit. The active ingredient of Kratom drug is alkaloid that is also called mitragynine. In connection with this, kratom also tolerates structural similarity to hallucinogenic drugs, and has the ability to produce hallucinogenic effects of mind-altering drugs. Apart from this, kratom extracts is also used to cure the withdrawal symptoms of patients who are struggling with opium addiction
The Negative Side Effects
Kratom is known to cause skin darkening on people who have used it frequently. It is said to have qualities akin to both depressants and stimulants, and taking it in large doses can lead to inactivity.
People who stopped utilizing kratom drug were perceived to have withdrawal symptoms, however these symptoms were noticeably milder compared to opiate users.
Along with depressant and stimulant effects, mitragynine, the active ingredient in kratom, also has a similar chemical structure to that of a psychedelic.
- There have been reports of people encountering closed-eye visualization after they use the kratom drug.
- Excess use of kratom extracts can be dangerous for anyone as one can get open eye visualization, vomiting, inactivity, nausea and other problems which later on becomes hard to recover.
- Many people also experience inactivity due to its large overdose.
- Though the herb has many benefits, these days it has also gained popularity as a teen drug in many countries. As it is legal and readily available, is the main cause why teenagers are becoming more and more addicted to it.
- You should always go for an expert advice as it can be dangerous for one when ingested excessively. It is not an illegal product and you can easily access it in nearby medical store or can also be purchased online. You can even buy a kratom plant and grow it yourself.
Kratom is considered as herbal leaf with excellent medicinal properties that commonly grows from a huge tree known as Mitragyna speciosa. This kind of tree is very innate to states in Southeast Asia particularly in Thailand, Malaysia and Myanmar. The locals use kratom in various ways: as opium substitute, anti-depressant, medicine for diarrhea, pain reliever, a sedative or a stimulant. Kratom is ingested either by drinking, chewing and smoking. Kratom will have a different effect depending on how much is taken, and the person taking it.
- Low Dose or Stimulant Level- At this level, Kratom will help you feel more alert, with more physical energy, and for some people, more sexual energy. Most people will become more friendly, sociable and talkative, and many find it easier to do boring and hard physical activities. Many will enjoy these effects, but some may find that it makes them edgy and uncomfortable.
- High Dose or Sedative Level- At this level, you will normally be less sensitive to physical and emotional pain; you will feel and look calm, and have a general pleasurable feeling, and may even enter a trance-like state. Some people may experience some itching or sweating, and possibly nausea; however if you lie down and relax the nausea should pass quickly. Many people in this state find that it is pleasurable to lie down in a darkened room and listen to music, and many have entered stirring dream state, which is very popular during the 19th Furthermore, these effects will typically last for about six hours, and the higher the dose, the stronger the effects will be.
Uses of Kratom
This plant has side effects and dangers that can cause harm to people.. Though nature has also produced some of the most toxins and lethal drugs known to mankind, some have been beneficial to man.
- When kratom drug is utilized in low dosage, it can considerably reduce tiredness and persuade a mild feeling of euphoria. Although kratom in low dosage doesn’t restrict with the daily activities of a person, users of kratom drug are recommended to avoid performing any action that requires their full attention such as handling heavy machinery or driving.
- Kratom contains epicatechin, an anti-oxidant. It includes alkaloids that known to have positive effects on the immune system of a person. Kratom has also been found effective in lowering blood pressure.
- The main active ingredient in kratom is mitragynine, and it is known to affect a person’s mood and anxiety levels, thus acting as an anti-depressant. The same ingredient is also known to alleviate pain.
- People who have hay fever are completely cured after using Kratom.
- Many people also claim that using kratom helped them get better from a number of different illnesses, and appears to have various medicinal uses.
- The sedative effects of Kratom extracts differ liable on administered dosage; though it helps people cope with their sleeping problems. Sedation is a result of the psychotropic effects of the alkaloids, which can affect almost any individual.
- Its pain-killing properties are less easy to gauge as it varies from patient to patient. As an intoxicant, kratom extract is known to be similar to caffeine that is found in coffee. The kratom extracts can keep people awake for great periods of time.
Signs and Symptoms
Kratom products can be found in the form of small pellets, paste, powdered, dried leaves, fresh leaves or plant extract. Besides used as painkiller and for curing diarrhea, similar to other alkaloid-containing plants, kratom is often used for recreational and therapeutic purposes. Take at low to medium dose, the herb can reduce fatigue as well as elicit euphoria and stimulant-like effects. The stimulating effects of the herb include increased physical and sexual energy, more alert mind, improved ability to do hard monotonous physical works and improved personality such as friendly, sociable and talkative.
Low Doses of Kratom
- Some people may get nervous and edgy
- Greater ability to tolerate tedious tasks
- Increased sociability and talkativeness
- Higher energy levels and increased alertness
Higher Doses of Kratom
- Sudden sleepiness
- Constricted pupils
- Insensitivity to emotional or physical pain
Overdose of Kratom
- Severe nausea
- Combative or aggressive behavior
- Respiratory depression
Withdrawal Symptoms of Kratom
- Symptoms similar to common cold
- Restless leg syndrome
Signs of Kratom Addiction
All addicts know that they are addicted, but they continue to deny it because they want to carry on doing what they are doing. In order for you to know whether you are addicted to Kratom, here are the common signs.
- Ensuring Supply- In order for you to prevent the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms that will lead to stopping Kratom use or lower doses, a Kratom addict will make sure and try to have Kratom on hand. It simply means that they buy this drug in bulk and hide it in their house and at work.
- Withdrawal Symptoms– Any break in typical use of Kratom will see the addict going through withdrawals.
- Daily Use- A Kratom addict will use Kratom every single day and probably multiple or many times in a day.
- Obsessive thoughts and cravings- The mind of a Kratom addict will be continually thinking about Kratom.
- Secrecy- Shame is a huge part of addiction, therefore those Kratom addicts will attempt to hide evidence of their problem even if they may not acknowledge it as a problem.
- Abiding Constipation- Just like opiates, constipation is considered as the main side effect of Kratom consumption. Constipation for almost a week is recognized as a sign of drug dependence.
- Increased tolerance- The tolerance to Kratom forms very quickly and the needed dose to acquire the same effect will rapidly increase.
Are there any risks?
When Kratom drug is consumed alone and it is not mixed with other herb or drug, the major risk is to fall asleep. Due to this, you should not operate machinery or drive a car after taking Kratom. Even though you feel enthused, you can easily fall asleep.
Is Kratom Drug Addictive?
There are some reports that many people are becoming dependent on this drug. If you use Kratom drug correctly, Kratom drug isn’t addictive. But If it is used infrequently than daily, there is almost no risk of becoming dependent. But with almost any drug, including tobacco, alcohol and coffee, if used daily for a long period of time, it can become a habit that is hard to break. To learn more about addiction treatment for Kratom please call our helpline 1-877-626-4906.
Why People Use Kratom?
Higher dose of plant’s leaves bring sedative-like effects; making its user resistant to physical and emotional pain, be in pleasurable feeling, look and feel calm and have pleasant daydreaming. But, a Kratom user can also get unpleasant side effects such as vomiting, nausea, itching, sweating and constricted pupils. Kratom is also found to have properties in treating opiate addiction. As the plant has cross-tolerance with opiates, it is often used for opiate detox treatment especially in New Zealand. For about 6 weeks, patients are allowed to smoke Kratom when opiate withdrawal symptoms occur. Within the time range, the Kratom dosage will be gradually reduced. Therapeutic use of the plant should be controlled by authorized party as regular use of Kratom alone can cause addiction although not as severe as heroin or opium addictions. As a matter of fact, in some countries such as Myanmar, Denmark, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia and Australia, the use of Kratom is controlled and illegal possession of the herb can lead to strict penalty. More studies on Kratom also revealed that the herb contains anti-oxidants and therefore is considered to have essential benefits similar to those found in Green Tea. The herb is also found to contain fiber which is helpful in relieving constipation.
Broadway Treatment Center offers Rehab for Kratom Addiction
If you are one of those people who are struggling with Kratom addiction, Broadway Treatment Center is here to help. The discomfort and sickness of Kratom withdrawal can be eased by the help and care of the staff of Broadway Treatment Center. One-on-one care and nutritional supplements helps a Kratom addict through the depression and pain that usually occurs at this time. Broadway Treatment Center will also help a Kratom addict to work through the life skills training that enables the addict to leave drugs behind for good. They are always ready and willing to help people who are struggling with Kratom addiction. With the help of this treatment center, Kratom addicts will have a great chance to bring back their normal life and enjoy the things that they used to do before. Broadway Treatment Center is the perfect partner especially when it comes to treating Kratom addiction. Please call 1-877-626-4906 to talk with one of our counselors.